A Group Membership is a great value. This page is a starting point for information. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further clarification.
How does it work?
A Group Membership is a purchased number of memberships, all with the same end portion of an e-mail address (@hospital.com). Each member confirms their membership using that email address, and then has an individual membership, which allows them to access RespiratoryUpdate.com from anywhere they have internet access.
What Is Included?
Everything that you will find in a Personal Membership is included in the group membership. Remember, these are really just a bulk number of personal memberships. What you get right now:
- All of Oakes’ Books text as it becomes available, in both searchable form (using search boxes throughout the site), as well as via the Topical Outline. Currently the full text of Oakes’ Clinical Practitioner’s Pocket Guide to Respiratory Care is available. The entire content from Oakes’ other books, comprising Oakes’ Critical Care Pak, is actively being added:
- Oakes’ Ventilator Management
- Oakes’ Neonatal/Pediatric Respiratory Care
- Hemodynamic Monitoring and Study Guide
- ABG Pocket Guide with Instructional Guide
Resources. We know there are many resources out there, but that most people don’t have the time to figure out which ones are worth their time. Links to resources already number in the hundreds and include:
- Over 120 links to Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines
- Over 150 screened teaching links
- Over 100 links to recommended journal articles
- Access to all Forums, a professional area moderated by experts. This is the perfect area to be a “watcher” and see what others post, learning in real time, or be active, and participate with others in the community on topics in our field.
- Almost 1,000 pages of reference information already, and rapidly increasing every week!
In active development:
- Tutorials that are objective-based. Each tutorial walks you, step-by-step, through a particular topic (classification of ABG’s, interpretation of ABG’s, understanding APRV mode of ventilation, etc.).
- AARC-approved Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
What do you have to do?
You purchase a set amount of accounts, with the only requirement that each person must have an e-mail account with the same exact ending (@hospital.com).
We will provide you with an email and printable “memo” to send each of your qualified employees. This memo will contain simple step-by-step directions – they register on their own.
Their account is now portable – they can use from work, from home, on their smart phone. Anywhere there is Internet access, the subscription is available.
If you approach your limit of number of accounts, we contact you.
How much does it cost?
All amounts are in U.S. Dollars
|Number of Users||
(Cost Per User)
(Cost per user)
Why should you consider membership for all your staff?
- The subscription includes access to the complete text (as it becomes available) of all of Oakes’ Books. That’s 8 books . . . over 2,000 pages of material.
- It lowers your risk of losing a lawsuit – when you make it an expectation that therapists are utilizing the resources they have to make clinical decisions, and those resources are based on Evidence-Based Medicine (as all Oakes’ Books are).
- It adds to employee appreciation efforts. Pens, pencils, and t-shirts are nice, but a membership like this promotes professionalism and a committment to education.
Contact us, and we’ll help you get set-up. The process to getting your account set-up is super simple, and then managing the subscriptions is as easy as providing your employees with an internet link. Easy!